"Find out the reason that commands you to write; see whether it has spread roots into the very depth of your heart. Confess to yourself you would have to die if you were forbidden to write." ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Something of an update...

1) I'm contemplating putting up chapter one of my vampire story...maybe sometime this weekend. 
2) And, another chapter of the first short story could possibly be posted up here next week.    
3) And, once I've thought out and written the short story that I will be submitting to the feminist magazine, I'll most likely post that as well. 

That's 3 different stories. Let's see how I stick to my plan.

Having bought my train tickets to Chicago for March 13-16 already (open house and visiting a friend...or two), I'm pretty nervous about whether or not I'll be accepted. I really large part of me thinks that I will definitely be accepted; I'm just too awesome to not be. But there's a really really really small part of me that's just a little unsure. I hate that part. It gnaws at the back of my brain, trying to break down my confidence. Where the hell did it come from? How do I get rid of it?

One thing's for sure. I want to find out before I leave. I'll be calling them again on Friday to make sure that they received my transcripts from Michigan. If not, I'm faxing over another request for them to mail it to me and Chicago, and I'll even mail my copy to them. It's so frustrating being so damn close to a decision!

And another thing that I have decided: If they don't accept me, I'm going to Chicago anyway. I'll take up Community College to build up my GPA and I'll apply again. And hey, I'll get to transfer more credits, too. 

So regardless of what happens, Chicago's the move.

*sigh* I'll get into Columbia College. I'm sure I will. Well, sort of.  No, no, no.  I will. I will.

~Pusher. Of. Pens.~

1 comment:

Rhapsody in PURPLE! said...

OH OH OHO OHOHO!!!!
Your coming here?!!! thats so exciting!

And you will get in, I got in with a 2.5, all you need is to be higher than tha 2.0 and your in. and you essay probably rocked. Thats what they really care about.