"Find out the reason that commands you to write; see whether it has spread roots into the very depth of your heart. Confess to yourself you would have to die if you were forbidden to write." ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

Monday, February 2, 2009

Ice Mountain is way better than your crappy ol' Dasani.

I'm currently on a Virginia Woolf/Designer labels kick. I'm feeding my intellectually creative side, as well as the fashionably conscious writer side. 

I'm reading "A room of one's own," Woolf's Six Chapter on Women and Fiction. It's taking time for me to read it because I'm letting it all sink in, and I want to take notes on the things she says. I love the style of it; it's as if she is writing every thought as she has it, along with the daily interruptions. Her sense of humor is very dry (which I absolutely love) and slightly under the radar. I only hope to write so well.  I can't wait to read everything else she's written. (note to self: Make a date with the library this week).

I am also obsessed with looking up different designers, past styles, the evolution of fashion in general. I will be going to school soon to major in writing articles about this stuff, so what the hell is up?  I'm beginning to develop preferences for certain designers, which is also helping me to better define my own style. I know that I am completely eclectic with what I like, but it hasn't reflected in my wardrobe (save a few pieces bought on impulse--I swear that's the best way to know what you really like!). I'm playing it too safe, afraid of being too dressed up, often feeling extremely under dressed in the end.  I want to break out of my comfort zone, and step into something new. I tell myself that I am open-minded...so why not with fashion? That's probably the safest way to test out my limits, I think.

God, I feel so BORING sometimes. I need to start making these changes I speak of.

~Pusher. Of. Pens.~

No comments: