"Find out the reason that commands you to write; see whether it has spread roots into the very depth of your heart. Confess to yourself you would have to die if you were forbidden to write." ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Paint is the Debil!

ABC News: Artist of Famed Obama Poster Arrested in Boston

Ooh, the big bad graffiti artist was arrested for coloring on a building. Quite the sensational story.

But really, this one SHOULD be told. It’s another instance of the PD wasting time and money on something as trivial as paint.

Now, don’t get me wrong. I am completely biased with this act. Because if someone where showing bigotry or sexism or anything else I found offensive through their graffiti art, I would be mad. Especially if it was on my building. However, on the other end, it’s just paint. Wash it off and move on. Yes, I do want you to pay for the damages, and yes, I do want you to say ‘sorry’. Even though I know you’re not.

However, jail and bail? Come on, people. Come on, po-pos. Are you going to detain a little girl who has a crayon and wants to make a pretty flower on the wall? Or worse, the parents? How about a mentally challenged adult? Hey, you never know.

I know, I know, it’s not the same thing because they aren’t ‘mentally sound’ to know the difference between the rights and wrongs of building decoration.

At the end of the day, I would much rather be spending my tax dollars hearing about you finding a missing child, or arresting a domestic abuser. That’s just my opinion. What do you guys think?

 

~Pusher. Of. Pens.~


1 comment:

Rhapsody in PURPLE! said...

yes?
I dont know what your talking about...But I agree with the pointless over the top punishments...
there are killer running around folks...