"Find out the reason that commands you to write; see whether it has spread roots into the very depth of your heart. Confess to yourself you would have to die if you were forbidden to write." ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

Thursday, May 19, 2011

'Get off your lazy ass and put your pen to paper' Writing Challenge!


Actually, I don't even have to get off my lazy ass to do this.

I'm starting something of a Writing Challenge to jump-start my inspiration--or rather, keep the momentum going. Recently, I began writing again (after about 3 months of nothing.), and I'm so excited about it, I'm afraid I'll lose steam.

Well, I intend to prevent that from happening. I bet writing is in the Top Ten list of 'Things Most People fail to Stick with'. Right with Exercise, Healthy eating and Underwater Basket-weaving.

I started this blog a while ago, and would really love to put it to readable, enjoyable use. I need to get back into the habit of writing every day, even if it's about nothing at all. So I'll start this challenge off small.

30 Day Challenge:
-Create a writing 'ritual' to do before each writing session.
-Write a portion of my story every day
-Update this blog every day.

This is very open-ended. No word minimums (yet), and the blog can be about whatever I want it to be. The ritual is just my own little thing. I want to create a safe place for my writing, be it through the revamping of my current desk space, a little meditation beforehand, boiling the bones of a pigeon...

Before I truly begin this, today I will create a tentative outline of the story I started (by the seat of my pants), to try and prevent any possible dead ends. But consider this blog as Day One of the Challenge.

Anyone wanna join in? You can do this one, or any challenge you come up with, but at least we can hold each other accountable.

So ready for this.

~Pusher. Of. Pens.~

No comments: