"Find out the reason that commands you to write; see whether it has spread roots into the very depth of your heart. Confess to yourself you would have to die if you were forbidden to write." ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

Saturday, January 10, 2009

My Scarf is Way Cool.

After spending a night/day with Rhapsody in Purple, I am overwhelmingly inspired to completely immerse myself in any and everything creative.

This thing that is supposed to be my outlet, my life force, my sanity... has not been getting very much respect lately. I feel like I've been purging my system of the old ways, the old mentality, the laziness. There was a lack of confidence, a lack of structure. 

No wonder I got sick. It was a "terrible-attitude-toward-myself" detox, as well as withdrawal from not having enough creativity flow.

So now that I'm (almost) all better, I have plans underway:

1) I have three articles outlined. All I need to do is a tiny bit of research, and then I get out some rough drafts. I have Monday off. I will give myself until 9 pm to complete the first draft of one of the articles. Gotta start off slow. 

2)I am going to begin making a purse. A simple hobo bag made out of one of my or Loving Beau's old shirts/pajamas/skirts/parachute pants. All I'll need is some sort of strap. Of course, I could always make that cloth, too, but I want something a little stronger.

3)I plan on practicing my bass at least 3 times a week...I broke it out, started playing it again, and it felt good. That was Monday. 

4)I have another short story I still need to finish. I'm going to put it on my desktop to remind me to finish it.

These are my plans. I have goals to reach, and people to knock the socks off with my awesomely creative prowess.

~Pusher. Of. Pens.~

1 comment:

Rhapsody in PURPLE! said...

Horray for you! Im so proud of your goals!