"Find out the reason that commands you to write; see whether it has spread roots into the very depth of your heart. Confess to yourself you would have to die if you were forbidden to write." ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

Monday, December 1, 2008

Loving Beau saved over our Dark Alliance with his own. :(

There are some things I have been thinking about lately, and I need to blog about them as a way to hold myself accountable. 

I DO want to take my writing seriously. I would like to make money off of it, and eventually make a living off of what I love to do the most. Now, I know I keep saying it, but I need to make a plan as to how I intend to get to my goal.  I want to create more time for me to write, get myself into the habit of blogging and writing something everyday, network my talent and skill, and then make big mah-nay writing articles and publishing my novels/short stories. Here's a list of the things I want to accomplish by the new year: 

1)Quit my current job at the office, and work shorter, more flexible days at my parent's restaurant for about the same pay.
2)Write thought out articles on this blog--in between my random musings.
3)Create another blog, my niche blog, that will become a showcase of my writing ability on a specific subject.
4)Change my business cards and email signatures to include the URL of my niche blog.

That's really not too much to ask with a month deadline. Especially since my first task is already halfway done. I'll be spending a ton of time on various freelance websites to help me build my portfolio and for motivation. And while I'm at it, I will also look through other blogs to begin networking.

These are my current short term plans. No backups required. Wish me luck!

~Pusher. Of. Pens.~